Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy New Year I am back!!



Hello everyone, and welcome back to my blog! I know it has been a crazy end of year and still crazy starting off the new.  I know I have been MIA since my last blog post and I do apologize for that.  As you can see by the photo above, I had knee surgery.  Well, it started last year when out of no where my knee decided to swell up like a balloon. Then an extreme migraine came on and would not go away.  I went to the ER where I was told to go to a Orthopedic Surgeon for my knee, and just prescribed me medicine for the migraine.  Mind you after 7 hours in the ER they never took blood, x-rays or anything.  I knew the migraines were being triggered by something and then cold chills and hot flashes.  I knew something had to be seriously going on.  The next day I woke up to a very nasty rash that covered my right thigh all the way to my ankle.  I broke out into massive hives! I didn't know what was going on.  By that afternoon the hives had blossomed into a massive rash that covered almost my entire leg, the burning was unbearable and the pain, I can't even put into words.  Between the pain in my knee and this rash I thought I was going to lose my mind.   Finally I went to my Dr. where it was determined that the massive rash was not only a severe case of the "Shingles." As my luck would have it, the Dr. said the rash would last at least a month and may fade, but that the pain would last 3-4 months with a chance I can have it again. 

Now, let's get back to my knee situation.  I had an MRI and X-rays done and it was determined that I had severe damage in my knee.  That I had to have surgery. My knee needed to be cut and shaved and formed back into a knee shape.  To top that off, my knee was out of place, so I had to have a lateral realignment as well.  Do you feel sorry for me yet? :)  Well I am now 1 month post-op.  I am happy to say after going through the worst hell for the past 4 months, I am now doing much better.  I have upgraded from a walker to a cane.  I still can't walk well, but it feels better than it did before.  Next week I start extensive physical therapy and hopefully soon I will be back to normal.  

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.  Please keep a look out for all the new posts I have coming soon.  This time it will be beauty related, my birthday hauls & gifts, reviews and more.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment